I think Corona Heights has the best panoramic view of the city I’ve seen so far. with Martin and Johan at Corona Heights Hill – View on Path.
Taptu: Clever idea to advertise within Google Reader for a Google Reader replacement.
Bad idea to rely on something like mediafeed, which seems to be unable to handle the most basic functionality of an ad server: linking to your customer’s website. This is what Taptu is paying you for and you are failing them miserably. For whatever reason mediafeed needs to check user agents, the fact that it does not handle embedded browsers in iOS, which is simple to do as there is only one browser engine anyway and it is the most important mobile operating system for advertisers is indicative of sloppy engineering.
Finally, the product landing page: use the opportunity to personalize and keep the message consistent with the ad. You already know that I care about Google Reader import, so I would need to know what Taptu does better than Google Reader.
Spent some time today searching for a Google Reader replacement. Fever: great iPhone client (Reeder), no iPad, limited web interface, requires installation with PHP and MySQL, can be integrated with IFTTT $30+ 2/5. Newsblur: very rough iPhone, iPad and web UI, feels very early, not optimized for effective reading $24/year 1/5. Bloglovin: nice iPhone client, ok web interface, very visual. Free 3/5. Feedly: nice Safari plugin, iOS clients, good integrations, multiple views, but articles have to be swied left to right. Free 4/5. – Read on Path.
When we speak with friends, share a joke, a quiet word, or a conversation over drinks, there is so much more than words that pass between us. A smile or nod or encouraging gesture – these allow for true connection and understanding. Being really with someone. How can a technology hope to…
And this is the announcement.
- Between infancy and first grade, boys express their emotions more readily than girls. [here]
- Worldwide, boys aren’t any better at math than girls. [here]
- Young men are more emotionally vulnerable to troubles in their relationships than young women are. [here]
- Men are less rational investors than women. [here]
- Men aren’t worse than women at reading emotional cues. [here]
- Men monitor their partners more than women. [here]
- Men are twice as likely as women to commit suicide after divorce. [here]
- In anonymous settings, women are more aggressive than men. [no shit]
@cubbygraham vs @tonycross #journeystothedarkside 2.25.13
I love that arstechnica is the only old-people blog in the list.
Absolutely awesome foursquare visualization